• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

No image from Xbox 360

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Before I take my grand sons Xbox 360 in to be looked at. I pose this question. Has anyone had a problem with intermittent graphical display.

The problem goes like this. You turn the system on and you get no picture/graphical image, but you get sound. You shut it down and wait a few days and everything is find. My daughter happened to buy an extended warranty, so we are in luck there. I wondering if anybody know what the problem maybe, or is this an isolated case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What kind of video cable are you using? the rca? vga HD? component HD?

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe it is RCA. The Xbox is connect through a VCR to the HDTV. The funny thing is nothing has changed in this environment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Have you tried using other ports on your TV (if any?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you had any of the red lights show up on the front of the console?

I've had a similar problem. The Xbox would work for a while every couple of days and then freeze up, but the sound would continue playing.

I ended up sending it in for repair. Microsoft sent me a replacement unit.

Oh, and I would highly suggest you using component cables to connect the 360 to your HDTV and set the resolution at 720p. It's a HUGE improvement in quality. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Heck yes! HD is the only way to play the 360.. When it's connected via RCA, I can barely read text on the screen!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Sounds like a video card problem. i had the same problem. stupid video cards... sent it in and got a replacement :D

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, and I would highly suggest you using component cables to connect the 360 to your HDTV and set the resolution at 720p. It's a HUGE improvement in quality. :black:

Thanks for the suggestion, the only problem there is I need another receiver with additional ports.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like a video card problem. i had the same problem. stupid video cards... sent it in and got a replacement :D

I believe it maybe the video card also. it is not working now. We tried another VCR to make sure it was not the problem.

Looks like my son-in-law will have to take it in.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After finally finding the receipt. My son-in to the system in to be checked out. After all was say and done, he walked out of the store with a new one.

It appears that this is a common problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.