Bootcamp and already partitioned HDD

Reaction score
G'day
Im new to the whole bootcamp thing and Macs in general. I was given a new macbook by uni to do with as i please. However when trying to run the bootcamp assististant, it gives me the error that
"your start up disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition
Your startup disk must be formatted as a single mac os extended (journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing windows"

The computer came with what it seems is a Macintosh_HD and Users Partition. Ive had a play with disc utility but i dont seem to be able to remove the users partition. It seems to have my account on it which is preventing the drive from unmounting.

My problem lies in that i dont have the OSX disc, so i cant just format the lot and start from scratch. So im wondering if anyone out there has any idea how i can remove the users partition or how to work around it to install boot camp.

Sorry if ive missed anything obvious, i have had a search and couldnt find anything really relating to this.

Cheers

Andrew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.