• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

best of a band IV - metallica

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
time for some metal, and for the first metal group of the series, we go for one of the biggies. love 'em or hate 'em, you probably have an opinion on metallica.

past threads:
vol III - led zeppelin
vol II - radiohead
vol I - the beatles

1) what is your favorite metallica album?

2) what are your five favorite metallica songs?

3) who in metallica (or who was in metallica) do you think is the most interesting person or your favorite artist?

4) what's the best cover (remake) that you've heard metallica do?

5) do you believe that in another 10 to 20 years, metallica will continue to make music and tour with the magnitude and success that bands like the rolling stones and aerosmith have retained? and if so, why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
1. The Black Album

2. The Unforgiven
Enter Sandman
Where the Wild Things Are
Nothing Else Matters
Slither

3. Dave Mustaine

4. Anything from the Black Album covered by Black Label Society

5. No, not if they don't bring back the real music. ReLoad was the last real album, and if they can't bring back their original sound, then its not even worth listening to it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
For now, I really loved the Black Album. I know a lot of people love their even earlier stuff and I do too, but the black CD really impressed me. The songs, the overall sound and playing, it was all done very well.

As far as songs of theirs I really love, #1 is Nothing Else Matters. Love that song. The Unforgiven I really like as well as Enter Sandman. I like Sad but True and wherever I may roam a lot also. There are others but right now those are the songs I can remember.

I really respect James Hetfield and the lead guitarist Kirk Hammett. Cliff Burton was great also, so sad when he was killed.

As far as 10-20 years down the road, who knows. I hope so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
1) And Justice for All

2) 1:Blackened, 2: One, 3: Master of Puppets, 4: Motorbreath, 5: (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth

3) Cliff Burton, Kirk Hammett, and James Hetfield

4) Dont really know of one off the top of my head that I like

5) No, Metallica hasnt made any music since The Black Album, they are weak and will never get back to what they used to be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.