• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to hold special event at NAB

M

MacHeadCase

Ok so this one is for real, not just a dang rumour...

Then I'll be all ears. :girl:

Reaction score
You know, it would be much easier on my nerves if Apple would make all their announcements for the year at the same time!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Ok so this one is for real, not just a dang rumour...

Then I'll be all ears. :girl:
Yup, this is a real event but....
no details were available on what, if anything, will be announced at the event

I am sure there will still be folks crossing their fingers, holding their breath, biting their nails, pacing back and forth wildly, and doing elaborate voodoo dances in honor of Steve Jobs with the hope that something will actually be announced.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Yup, this is a real event but....

I am sure there will still be folks crossing their fingers, holding their breath, biting their nails, pacing back and forth wildly, and doing elaborate voodoo dances in honor of Steve Jobs with the hope that something will actually be announced.

That and complain afterwards that they didn't announce anything they wanted to hear. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
So true! but leopars will be great whenever it comes out....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What could possibly be released at NAB, I think they probably will just be there demoing FCP or Shake, since its a video related event. Leopard will NOT be discussed at this event, nor do I think that any product will be released.

Reaction score
I don't know if I can hold off until April on getting my MBP. They need to release it now.

PS: What is the update version for Tiger now (ex. 10.4.8 or .9)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Currently, it is 10.4.8

And boy... if and whenever a 10.4.9 update does come... well, then the old rumor fanboys will be going hog wild!
"They just released the last update to Tiger!!!! That means that Leopard is coming out tomorrow!!!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
April 15th! Thats over a month away.....

I hope they give a release date for 10.5 well before then and use that event to show it off.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It interesting that this event is on Sunday, and Steve normally makes all his announcements on New Product Tuesday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.