Got my brother-in-law to switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Staying at the bro-in-law's house I showed him my Macbook. After a few demos last night he informed me today that his new Macbook will be arriving tomorrow! I gave him some more in-depth looks at how MacOS X works, and he is now even more convinced that he made the absolutely correct decision.

Could be also because this morning they wanted to use his (current) computer to check some lotto numbers, but it locked up so they had to use my wife's Macbook.

Oh, Apple, I can accept PayPal for my commission.:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
score !
currently i am trying to get my father to switch to mac because you can put bootcamp on and have the best of both worlds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Good work Walkerj! I had a conversation with someone yesterday about ipods and his opinion was basically "I'm not interested, I'd rather have a "real" MP3 player". I told him about the best ipod I've seen so far (iphone) and got him to look at a highlights vid on youtube - 2mins into the video he was on the phone to a friend recommending one. I also love it when someone shows a similar opinion of Macs as the one above and then when they see it working they become very interested...shows their lack of interest was mostly due to a lack of knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
My girlfriend was planning on buying a laptop and I talked her over to get a Macbook instead of a Windows-based thing. And now we're waiting for her Mac to arrive sometime next week.

At first she was a bit hesitant about the (black) 13"ers prize since you could get a 17" Win-laptop almost € 1.000 cheaper. But then I laid down some hard facts about the differencies using a Mac and a PC-laptop for what she's going to be using it for; writing e-mails and surfing the net. No hassle with virus protection, firewalls etc. And what finally convinced her was the car-analogy I told her: "If you get yourself a car, wouldn't you rather drive around with it and get from point A to point B with ease instead of spending uncountable amount of time under the hood trying to figure out why the car doesn't work like it should."

:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
My wife is still a holdout - no, no, no, I mean about getting a Mac! :dive:

She steadfastly says "I don't WANT a Mac!" quite emphatically. So, for now, she clearly doesn't need one. I will wait until her PC dies and then try again... it is only a matter of time!

OP
walkerj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well, he just got it and is currently discovering all of the new toys he has to play with. Like a kid on Christmas who got all the cool stuff!

He's going to be busy for awhile. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I turned my gf into a Mac-love a few months ago.. She uses a Windows box like she's never touched it, that's how used to OS X she is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
They pretty much sell themselves don't they? I mean, the beauty is unmatched not to mention the performance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I just got my best buddy to switch. I bought an MBP just over a month ago. Then I got work to buy me a Mac Pro for the office (unfortunately I still need XP though) and I have done nothing but praise Mac. Now my buddy has a new MBP as of yesterday! IT'S A VIRUS!!!!!!

Reaction score
That would be cool if Apple offered commission for getting people to switch. You could then use that commission towards the purchase of your next Mac! Anyone got Steve's email address? lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.