Keeping the Battery connected

Reaction score
So from what I have gathered one should keep the battery on a mb anywhere from 30% to 70% charged, idealy, and calibrate every month or two. I mostly use it at my desk, and have to charge it quite often. Is it ok to leave it pluged in or is this bad for the battery? Also, is it better to rairly let it get down below 30% or above 70%, or is it not a big deal. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to know this question aswell because I use my MBP as my main desktop computer. I would ideally have it running all day. My old laptop battery (Packard bell) died within a few months with similar use.

So I really need to know if its ok to leave it plugged in or do i need to run it low, recharge and run low for consistent use?

Help is aways appriciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I leave mine plugged in all the time. I've had it for 8 months, I have 53-cycles and 92% battery life left. You just need to calibrate it once a month or so. I like to run my battery all the way down once a week.

It's a battery and eventually it will go dead no matter how you treat it. Even if you treat it like poop, it should last at least two years or so.
I know most of us are not millionaires, but $120 bucks once every two years isn't so bad. Just my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.