• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I had to shave my beard :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
'Tis true...it is all gone now. And my hair. I am really sad. Unfortunately, I have to raise $15,000 for a magazine we are doing at school. I couldn't do it with a beard :p

...I feel a little lonely, to be honest :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Ok... let's see pictures! You know as "proof" :D:D:D

A before and after would be great.

We'll have our very own: "Mac-Forums" Extreme Make-Over"

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Psssshaw.

Before:
attachment.php

After haircut:
attachment.php

After haircut and shave:
attachment.php

Closer pic:
attachment.php

It actually happened like 2 days ago, so I have to shave again. God, I hate shaving with a passion.

Photo 126.jpg

Photo crop1.jpg

Photo 129.jpg

crop2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow, interesting. I am going the other way. I have never had a beard in my life. My wife suggested it might be neat, so two weeks ago I started letting it grow. I *love* not having to shave each morning now. Just tidy it up a bit when I shower and life is good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
ugh i hate shaving also, so dumb, it just grows back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I've had a beard since I was about 16. Don't know what I'd do if I had to shave it off, don't know if I could look at myself anymore.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't grow much facial hair, so I can get away with shaving one a week. Now as for the moustache, that has been with me forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Shaving is the most annoying routine task I have to do every morning. I just started geting mine lasered off. It looks really bad a few days after but it clears up. Only 6 more treatments to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
im a huge beard fan also. i look forward to the weekends when i dont have to take a razor to my face. unfortuantly, uncle sams (and my first sergeant) tells me i have to shave everytime i come to work :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I miss the days where I only had to shave once every two weeks....

Now I shave about two times a week, but I look really scruffy in between those two times :bomb:

I used to go out with this girl who REALLY hated facial hair, so I had to shave on a more regular basis if I ever wanted to see her. Yea, that relationship didn't last too long, LOL

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I miss the days where I only had to shave once every two weeks....

Now I shave about two times a week, but I look really scruffy in between those two times :bomb:

I used to go out with this girl who REALLY hated facial hair, so I had to shave on a more regular basis if I ever wanted to see her. Yea, that relationship didn't last too long, LOL

Man, consider yourself lucky. I have about an eighth of an inch every morning. I finally broke down and bought a Braun electric shaver that cleans itself - that's god's gift to us ape-like homosapiens that look like Cousin It if we don't shave at least once every day. It seems like the only place I don't get hair is my back - well, and now that I'm approaching 30, my head! I remember a time when I couldn't see my scalp, but now I'm starting to get that freshly-waxed forehead shine.

I've had a goatee/mustache thing going on since I was 17, I've shaved it off a couple of times since then, but I don't look like "me" without it. That's my only saving grace from having to do my whole face every day.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wow, i just had a beauty and the geek flashback.

;)

that was a stellar beard.
icon14.gif

let us observe a moment of silence for the departed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
"Mac-Forums" Extreme Make-Over"

We have a Winner!!!!

Looks great Mr. Banana!

Moss918 said:
Don't know what I'd do if I had to shave it off
I'll tell you what you'd do.... you'd get more women!!!! :D:D
Kidding, kidding, only kidding. I don't want to suffer the wrath of "the Bearded ones" :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
one of the bearded ones

<<<<<<<<<<<

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'll be one of the bearded ones. I hate shaving, and my dad, and most of my uncles have full, thick beards. So I'll probably be joining the bearded club.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
uh-oh! I'm surrounded!!!

<<<Picks up some of CheesyBanana's Hair, tapes it to face>>>
<<<Blends in>>>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I haven't had a beard in two years :'(. The Marine Corps demands a clean shave daily, where's the fun in that?

Reaction score
Know how you feel (about the beard). I shaved mine off a number of years back after 15 years with one - was a weird feeling! I felt naked without it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I loved having a beard, but I shaved everything but the moustache to see how it would look. The moustache was cool, but I looked like a creep with it. Now I'm clean shaven and I like it so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I had to shave off my beard for a job once and hated not having it. As soon as I left there, I grew it back and have had it since. I feel for you, man. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.