• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Im addicted...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Alright, this time last year I had about 500 or so songs illegally downloaded from limewire on my computer, then i found itunes and I find myself spending more and more each day dl'ing more and more music. I honestly think I am addicted to it, not only that, but now movies.... what to do, what to do??? its seriously like an electronic drug. Anyone else find themselve with this "addiction?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
thast a cool link RIDE

my resaults:
You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

i buy so much music, that literly, every penny i have goes to music. it is quite sad, i buy a new album almost every 2 days

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
If you really think you're addicted to the internet call up your ISP and cancel service for a bit.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you really think you're addicted to the internet call up your ISP and cancel service for a bit.

yeah, I scored a 48 on there, but a few didnt apply to me which I dont think are factoed into the final score, so i think that test is kind of off lol. Anway, about you ^^, are you serious? what the heck would I do without it, I would honestly be lost, I use the internet for almost every aspectg of my life. I really cannot name to many things I dont in some shape or form use the internet for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Well, if you need it for a living never mind. I was just saying that if you really believe you have a problem maybe you should do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
43 for me.. phew :D No problem here.

OP
ste6168
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if you need it for a living never mind. I was just saying that if you really believe you have a problem maybe you should do that.

lol, not i dont use it for a living, im only a senior in college (well i guess i do use it for research and school work), but I just mean, I use it to keep in touch with friends, talk to people, weather, news, music, movies, entertainment (M-F.com), etc, etc, etc... I really dont think I am addicted to the internet as much as I am DL'ing music though. Do you think I could sue apple for this somehow, kind of like the chunky people who sued mcdonalds for their food? Thats a serious thought, then I could spend that money on more iTunes hahahaha... j/k btw

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

probably why most of my time is spent here at work, and only every now and then when i'm home. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Some people are addicted to crack.. Others... The Internet.. My family split up over an Internet-Addict.

Sometimes I wish he was addicted to crack instead... Other times I wish it was me addicted to crack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Wow.. sorry to hear that punkr0x0r.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Ehh.. It happens... I was probably better off it happening that way anyways.

It's probably why I'm so analytical and "bitter" about everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
88... and i lied on some...

Reaction score
Alright, this time last year I had about 500 or so songs illegally downloaded from limewire on my computer, then i found itunes and I find myself spending more and more each day dl'ing more and more music. I honestly think I am addicted to it, not only that, but now movies.... what to do, what to do??? its seriously like an electronic drug. Anyone else find themselve with this "addiction?"

The problem with the internet is it makes it very easy to spend your money. One-click buying is great for the online stores, not so good for your finances if you find you need the gratification. If you've got the money, that's OK, but if you're getting yourself in debt or simply feel you're spending too much, as you seem to, it's a problem. Shopping can be a particular problem for people prone to depression, particularly manic depression – I'm not saying that's your case, but it is for a lot of people.

I have an addictive personality. I know that. I once became addicted to the OTC drug Solpadeine some years ago. More people are addicted to this over-the-counter painkiller than any other (at least in the UK). It's a serious issue. I know I could never take anything stronger (or even anything "pleasant") or it'd be the end of me.

Anyway, what I'd suggest is that if you genuinely feel that this is a problem for you, contact Apple and cancel your iTunes account. If you then find you simply transfer your purchases to somewhere else, then you need to consider cancelling your credit cards, etc.

Reaction score
I tell you what if iTunes offered downloads at higher bitrates I would be buying like a maniac.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
higher bitrates and mp3 format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I scored a 28 - but that's probably only because I started full-time work hours. Otherwise, I'd probably be close to 40...maybe.

I'm happy with 28 though. I'm thinking though, I really want to get some iTunes music store credit - never bothered with that before, but since I've actually got some money now, I might now have to :p

M

MacHeadCase

I scored 37:

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

*Phew*

As for the iTunes thing, I find I go shopping in spurts. I can be months without buying anything, then whammo! I'm buying again! I've purchased 379 songs (albums included in that total) from the iTMS.

OMG.

I just realized, that's a lot of dough!... :eek:

Well it's been done over a couple of years... *rolleyes*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, think of how much weed you could've smoked for that much lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.