Need an App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Can anyone help me . I'd like to record a radio stream from BBC7 (Big Fan)
How Do I go about it . is there an app I can get to stream and download it to my iMac ?.. Is this legal ?

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Thats True. I have just tried it. I think the link covers a windows version

Audio hiJack works fine It even sends the result to iTunes for me.

Thanks

Reaction score
Can anyone help me . I'd like to record a radio stream from BBC7 (Big Fan)
How Do I go about it . is there an app I can get to stream and download it to my iMac ?.. Is this legal ?

There are a few good choices, depends on how you want to do it which works the best. If your going to be there and just take what you want then i would recommend a program called Wire Tap. Works just great and allows you many configurations on what settings and formats to save in.

If, however, you want to just turn it on and go away for an hour or so then i would recommend a program called Radio Lover. It kicks out the talk and advertisements and gives you the music in its own folder per artist.

You should be able to find each on Version Tracker, or google the names.

As for the legality, it mostly would depend on just what you intend to do with the capture. I think you can safely say that using it commerically would be a no no...

OP
Kilted1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the input Guys.
I have now used Audio Highjack (Wish they would change the name) And used it to record radio plays which I can build into audiobooks with Audiobook builder.
Works just great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
The great thing about Audio HiJack is that it will record ONLY the stream and not other sounds your Mac makes like mail notify, iChat whisp, etc. I don't know if WireTap does this (it probably does) but I have Audio HiJack Pro (sprang for the $32US) and it ROCKS!

As for the legality I don't know about the UK, but here in the States there's a thing called Fair Use which the content providers are trying desparately to abolish. In the meantime if you don't sell or share what you record [for someone in the USA] it's OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.