Bootcamp: Recordable CD

Reaction score
I'd like to install XP on my MBP in order to take advantage of CPA software that only runs on XP. Reading the instructions of Bootcamp on the Mac site, it mentions that you need XP SP2 and a recordable CD. The recordable CD is used to load the necessary drivers onto XP in order to render the OS operable on a Mac. I don't have recordable CD's at the moment, but I have recordable DVD's. Will that work or will I have to stop at a Staples/Office Max on the way home to pick up a box of recordable CD's?

In addition, how much space does XP require? I'd like to have as small as a partition as possible. As I mentioned, I'm only using it to play the CPA software. Since I don't plan on loading a anti-virus, I'd also like to remove all unnecessary software upon installation such as Internet Explorer, Mail, etc. Anything with or that can create access to the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook C2D 1gb ram 120gb
could you not put the drivers.exe on a memory card and just run it when windows has installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Well, doesn't it burn it for you? So you don't touch the drivers, it puts them on the CD, as opposed to giving you the file. There might be some way to access them though...

Afraid I can't help you VanillaEps regarding the CD/DVD issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.