Anyone perfer camino to firefox?

Reaction score
Title says it all I guess:p I've been trying camino for awhile, and I'm not sre I like camino.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have tried Camino, Firefox, Safari and several others. My advice would be to pick the one you like best and use it. If you don't like Camino, that's not a problem - don't use it.

Personally, when it is all said and done, I have gone with Safari for day to day use. It is a great browser and nicely integrated with the rest of the Mac OS X software.

That was my choice though, not a general recommendation. There are LOTS of browsers out there. Pick the one you like and enjoy!

Reaction score
I use camino over firefox because it uses much less memory and prevents my fans from turning on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've tried Camino, along with the rest of the browsers available for Mac and always find myself coming back to Firefox. I just add a Mac theme to it and it blends in very well.

M

MacHeadCase

If I have to use a Mozilla browser, I prefer Camino. I dunno, there's something about the interface that seems Mac-ish, elegant while Firefox's is... I guess the word is boxy. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
I use Camino because It looks better to me and it uses less memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If I have to use a Mozilla browser, I prefer Camino. I dunno, there's something about the interface that seems Mac-ish, elegant while Firefox's is... I guess the word is boxy. :D

I know what you mean. When I first installed Firefox, it just looked odd. But with either the iFox or or Grapple themes, Firefox fits in just perfectly. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
There's not a lot in it. I use Camino as I installed it first.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use Safari for 98% of the sites I visit but use Camino for the ones that Safari has issues with. I find Camino more OSX like than Firefox and it's very fast also and seems better with IE specific sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.