• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

is Cameraaddict.com a good vendor?

Reaction score
I don't care if they're perfect... just not a scam! They have a good price on the GS320. GS320

I almost bought from a company called bestpricecameras.com... thankfully I did a search on them.

They have so many testimonials about their being a scam I wonder how they are still in business.

So, before I leap i wanted to ask about www.cameraaddict.com

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Reaction score
i would think that ever site with a phone number is not a scam and all the sites i have ever order off of with a phone number never has been a scam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Just from reading a few of the stories from the links that RIDE posted, I wouldn't shop there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't care if they're perfect... just not a scam! They have a good price on the GS320. GS320

I almost bought from a company called bestpricecameras.com... thankfully I did a search on them.

They have so many testimonials about their being a scam I wonder how they are still in business.

So, before I leap i wanted to ask about www.cameraaddict.com

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I purchased my xl2 from best priced cameras and everything came fine... grated it went to my neighbor not to me but my neighbor brought it over.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Looks like a legit company - 250 reviews on Bizrate in 2007 already. However, only 74% postive is pretty low. From the reviews, just be prepared for them to require you call in to confirm your order and then have then try to upsell you.

Another thing, looks like they are not an authorized Panasonic dealer at least according to Panasonic site. Some manufacturers will not honor warranties on products bought from these sources. Do not remember and could not find on a quick search if this is the case with Panny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Most all online camera stores are a scam. I had issues with expresscameras.com and 2 others. The website shows the camera in stock and then when you order they try to call you after to sell you a $300 battery and charger you can find elsewhere for 50 bucks. That stuff would come with the camera if you went and got it from BestBuy or somthing. Then you have to call and confirm your order and you learn your item is on back order. All 3 I dealt with tried to pull the same stuff. I cancelled my credit card after I dealt with the third one which was expresscamers.com. B&H is supposed to be a good one or use Amazon.com . You wont get the lowest price on the net but most of the ones that seem too good to be true usually are. HAHA just looked at the link 299.00 for a "ERROR FREE" 512MB SD card, scroll down on the right. Yeah its a scam jut like all the sites I tried to buy from. Dont do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The only stores I use are B&H (There store in NYC is like a toy store for me, I could spend hours there) or buydig.com

Search around for what you are looking for on froogle, and take a look at how many ratings a site has as a good gauge, and if you are still not sure check it out on resellerratings.com

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought from buydig.com before. They were not a scam. The camera broke, and they refunded promptly after I sent it back. They were good.

So cameraaddicts price being so low, that may be because it's gray market or something.

OP
Christopher
Reaction score
Buydig has the GS320 for only a few dollars more. 403.00 or something. I'm going to go with them. It's no contest. Thanks to all who replied.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.