Cant save/find altered pictures on iPhoto

Reaction score
Could someone please help. I try to alter, crop, enahnce etc digital photos on iPhoto but they never seem to be saved anywhere.

I open the photo, alter it and then press DONE to save - is this correct? I can't seem to find a SAVE button. DoI have to export to save it. Nothing seems to save my altered pictures. I know I am doing something very basic that is wrong....

What is the process to actually save changes you made to pics? And where are those saved pics located?

Cheers
Ibu Liz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Sorry, never use iPhoto but will give you a bump back up to the top.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
If I remember correctly... the default in iPhoto is to change the ORIGINAL... After you have made the changes, and click done... it will pop-up a "saving Changes" window.... Go into the iPhoto Library and open the photo again... the changes you made should show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, iPhoto saves changes when you hit done.

But it ALWAYS works non-destructively:
It actually saves a copy of the original image and also of the altered picture. Right-click an image and select 'revert to original' if you want your original back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.