• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PayPal Question!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
In My eBay status it says "payment pending from paypal" What EXACTLY does that mean? It shows no funds from the auction in my PayPal account, so I'm lost... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
Your auction or one you bid on?

Meaning, if you had an auction going on then you might have an incoming payment from the winning bidder.

If you bid on something and won, and paid using paypal, you might have an outgoing amount and it's just waiting for the e-check to clear to confirm payment to the seller.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's an item I sold... Do you think the buyer used an echeck or whatever? That would really be a down fall if they did!

Your auction or one you bid on?

Meaning, if you had an auction going on then you might have an incoming payment from the winning bidder.

If you bid on something and won, and paid using paypal, you might have an outgoing amount and it's just waiting for the e-check to clear to confirm payment to the seller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
They might have put a shipping addres that is different from their PayPal confirmed address. That happened to me one time.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jeff, does that maen I'll never see the money because of that, or what? I'd like to get the thing shipped out. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Let me start off by explaining(in case you didn't already know this):
When you sign up for PayPal, whether you use a credit card or bank account, you have to give them a "billing" address. They figure that this is going to be your home address, and therefore will match up with the address that your bank or credit card company has on file for you. Once PayPal verifies that the two addresses match up, that address becomes your "Verified Shipping Address". For fraud prevention reasons, PayPal will usually only let things be shipped to a Confirmed Address.

On a number of occasions, I have wanted to get things shipped to me at my dorm room instead of going to my house. Since my dorm address isn't my confirmed address, that gave me a problem. PayPal sent me an e-mail requestion me to choose a different address, as the one that I chose before wasn't "confirmed". I just had to go back in to that payment, and have it shipped to my house. It held up the process by a day or two, but we got it worked out fairly quickly.

Edit: If the buyer is any good, you will still get your money, and have a successful transaction.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lets hope for the best... :(

Reaction score
PayPal does a lot of odd things. My guess on the "pending" status could easily be due to the buyer using an e-check. If the buyer doesn't have a credit card on file with PP to ensure payment, PP has to electronically transfer the funds from bank to bank. While that should be a quick transaction, it can take PP days to actually have it completed. I'm guessing that SOMEONE is making a lot of interest on the money that's held up in this float period but I'm not going to make any direct accusation.

Hope it's resolved soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I think what you will find is that as papercut mentioned the buyer is having money placed in their account so that you can get paid.

Whats important is that you do not ship the product until paypal confirms payment to you.

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Turns out... It's my fault! Somehow, eBay didn't update my PayPal addy and now it's going to my old email address which I removed and not to my new one, which I made primary before the auction ended. I emailed the buyer, apologized and asked them to cancel the pending payment and to pay the other email and I'd ship out the box tomorrow. :p I feel really bad now. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wow! This JUST happened to me too. Didn't see your post till now but yes, once the buyers cancel and send to your primary e-mail, you'll get paid. I had to do the same thing, e-mail them and apologize. I STILL have one pending and the buyer just doesn't get it. Quite a pain though isn't it?

OP
IceCreamMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it is a pain! I hope there's no hard feeling between me and the buyer!

Wow! This JUST happened to me too. Didn't see your post till now but yes, once the buyers cancel and send to your primary e-mail, you'll get paid. I had to do the same thing, e-mail them and apologize. I STILL have one pending and the buyer just doesn't get it. Quite a pain though isn't it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.