Good Image Browser like Windows Version?

Reaction score
At the moment I am using iPhoto in which i dont like to be honest as too many duplicated files. And dont like the idea if i edit a picture it replace the current one.

I just want a nice simple Image browser that i can use to flick through my images folders etc possibly Slideshow similar to the one that windows have.

A free version would be great if possible.

I am holding out for the new PhotoShop element for mac if there is going to be one

Hope some one can help

Cheers

M

MacHeadCase

Hi rookies!

Just for image browsing I would highly recommend CocoViewX.

If you want to edit some of those images, you might want to download ImageWell too: they don't do the same thing.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi,

Cheers for those, was hoping to have them both in one app if possible?

M

MacHeadCase

Ok well in this case the wording in your question was misleading. I had a feeling you wanted to edit images as well as view them when I noticed at the last moment Photoshop in your post and edited mine to add ImageWell. Your question should have read: image browser and editor as browsing images and editing them are not the same.

Maybe someone else has something else to recommend?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi Mate

Sorry about that but i must say I have downloaded CocoViewX and I love that it great :)

May download the other too, to see what it likes :)

Any other software you think i would fancy trying?

I am a 1 week old Mac User

M

MacHeadCase

Didn't I tell you CocoViewX is great, hunh? CocoViewX rocks!
icon10.gif

Glad you like it! I adopted it as soon as I tried it. Contrary to some image browsers I've tried, it's fast: some of them are soooooo sluggish.

Oh and welcome to the Mac side of computing. :girl:

OP
R
Reaction score
Cheers Mate,

Am really loving the Mac computing to be honest i wish i went over earlier as i really hate Windows now....

Do you want to give me some pointers on what other software i should look into anything at all for different things.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There is also GraphicConverter, which is pretty good, and is bundled on PowerMac G5s and I hope, Mac Pros. It both browses and edits. A very nice app. See: http://www.lemkesoft.com.

M

MacHeadCase

I haven't used GraphicConverter in ages! Thanks for reminding me that it does these things, mac57!

OP
R
Reaction score
Does not appear to be on my macbook pro thou and look like it not free either

M

MacHeadCase

GrapicConverter isn't free, it's shareware but I think you can still continue using it till you pay. At least that's how it was the last time I tried it.

It will only delay the opening of the application if it hasn't been paid for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.