New Macist

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am about to become a converted PC user, and have a couple of questions before I take the plunge.

1. Is there anything I should know about the Macbook before I buy it? Things to avoid, things be aware of, just things I should know....

2. Is the black Macbook and its 120GB hard drive and 1 GB of RAM worth the extra $200? Will black become an impractical color to have?

3. Is "Tiger" worth it? If yes, why?

4. Is there anyway I can upgrade the Macbook's soundcard?

THANKS!!!!!!!

Reaction score
1. Unless your MacBook actually gives you trouble, there's nothing to know, really. Ask again when it has a problem, which hopefully never happens.

2. Get as much RAM as you can possibly afford. As for the disk space, get as much as you think you need, considering your photos and videos you may have. If it's your main computer, get a good amount of space.

BUT you could get RAM cheaper from another dealer and pop it in yourself. It's quite easy to do that. Search the forum, there are a lot of threads on this.

3. Tiger is already on your MacBook. It's just the name of the operating system.

4. No.

Piece of advice: You posted this in the Power Mac and Mac Pro section, while you are buying a MacBook. Be careful to post in the right place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
A black Macbook can be impractical if you ever find yourself in the deep vacuum of space and not a single bit of light for thousands of light years in all directions. Other than that, a Blackbook is a great choice :black:

Reaction score
A black Macbook can be impractical if you ever find yourself in the deep vacuum of space and not a single bit of light for thousands of light years in all directions. Other than that, a Blackbook is a great choice :black:

Heh, heh...good answer. I'd suffer with that possibility if they made a black Macbook Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.