My MacBook is below specifications???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
I was trying to play Civilization IV Demo I got from a Mac Addict magazine I purchased. When I installed the Demo I got an error message stating that my Mac was Below Specifications and that the game may not be able to play correctly. I installed the Demo anyway and checked to see what would happen. Well I was able to play it but, I could only see the character of the game not the surroundings. Is there something I have to install on my MacBook to be able to play Civilization on it?

Reaction score
Is it a universal binary? What are the specs required by the game? MAybe your graphics card is not powerful enough.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Doubt you will be able to. Intel says it's 950 graphics card meets the minimum specs as required by civ iv website, but just barely. the recommended is double the videoram provided by the intel 950. Another issue is the shared vram, it just does not function as well as dedicated video memory. this is why you will see all the recommendations here and elsewhere, if you want 3d gaming in a laptop, really need to step up to the macbook pro.

If the video cards provided in laptops (and not just Apple, but Dell and others: edit: Dell does this in their desktops also) were not stripped down from the retail versions, and system properties provided some access to more of the higher functions of the cards, like adjusting hardware acceleration and other items, you might could get it to work. But, alas, this just is not the case. Not even on my MBP.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Man, that really sucks. I was hoping I could play Civilization IV on my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yeah. Life sucks and then you die. ;)

If only it were that simple... The normal route is Life sucks, your wife leaves you, you fall victim to some dreadful illness, you lose your job, and then, then, if you're lucky... you die.

:D

I'm actually a very Positive person... but if I were a pessimist, the above would be my motto of choice. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.