Maximizing windows

Reaction score
One thing that I liked about PC's is that when you clicked the maximize button it would fill up your entire monoter. When I click the '+' button it maximizes verticaly, but not horizontaly. How can I get it to fill up the screen. On a similar note, is there any way to make the windows open up full screen automaticaly. One last thing, in Word, is there a default for making the pages open on 'page width' so I can actualy read the type.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Drag the right hand corner of your window until it fills the screen. The next time you open it, it should be full screen. I don't know why everything is so little on macs.
As far as word goes, I'm not sure. I just type in the thing and leave it at that. Hopefully someone else can help you out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
For screen maximization, one thing you should try getting used to is NOT maximizing every window. Every program does not need to be maximized (itunes, safari, etc). It is significantly more efficent if you do not maximize. Utilize the screen space, don't waste it.

Just a suggestion :p

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
One thing that I liked about PC's is that when you clicked the maximize button it would fill up your entire monoter. When I click the '+' button it maximizes verticaly, but not horizontaly. How can I get it to fill up the screen. On a similar note, is there any way to make the windows open up full screen automaticaly. One last thing, in Word, is there a default for making the pages open on 'page width' so I can actualy read the type.
Thanks!

Grab a piece of Paper and hold it up to the screen, you will find that the paper is smaller than the screen so when you open a document the default is to give you a window about the same size as the piece of paper as the default zoom level is 100%. (the rule is not quite exact as it depends on your screen resolution settings but it is close enough)

If you change the zoom level to say 150% you should find the window gets bigger.

As already said, try to get used to the 'only make the window big enough to fit the contents' method as it makes far more sense.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I found this the other day and, although it isn't a solution for the full screen issues some have, it may help if the lack of full screen hinders your concentration...

CLICK!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
In word, the 100% setting is about half the size of an actual sheet of paper.

Depends on your monitor I would imagine.

100% on a 19 inch desktop monitor is about A4 size (at least on my machine at work) but on a 13 inch Macbook at the same resolution it will be a lot smaller.

I find about 150% is a reasonable setting to use for most smaller monitors.

Currently I'm sitting in front of my 15inch MacBook Pro screen and when maximized this Safari window is about 3/4 of the screen width. Holding up a piece of A4 paper in front of it shows that the window is about 50% bigger than A4.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.