I have had it for less than 3 days and I am already fed up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
..with myself for not having purchased a mac sooner. The toys (programs) I have already put on here are just plain fun. Sure I may calm down, but I hope not for a few years. I can't ever remember being this excited about Windows, other than when I got my first PC back when I was but a young lad!

I have just started pricing the Mini's, just to have a simple desktop machine. I smell my next purchase.. :)

Sorry, just had to vent... and I know the title made a few of ya cringe at first.. and were probably going to start posting your suggestions of "Give it time", or "Switch back to PC if it's that hard for you"...

Have a great ice free saturday... I know I won't.

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac world, i think you will enjoy it, i know i did when i first changed over a couple of years ago. It's nice to see someone is having fun with their new computer instead of all the sniveling and whining about how they can't figure out simple things.

Your really gonna like it once you get it all set up properly to do the things you want and it gets to be second nature to you. I think you will find the Mac easy to use and you will spend a lot more time using it instead of trying to fix it, like you did on the dark side.

Reaction score
Yup

These things rock, as long as you don't have to print to a Windows shared printer on a PC running XP. I have had my MBP for several months now, and I am still e-mailing stuff to my PC so I can print it.

Reaction score
Welcome whyzdom, the thread title had me ready to pay out, you sneaky devil.

Renegade is the printer showing up in Mac printer setup utility? If it is you just add it to the Mac printer queue. I print to a shared printer almost everyday with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Yes, it was a pretty sneaky title.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That thread title got to me. I thought you were going to say how you got a Mac and it reeked. Glad to see you love it. Enjoy and if you have any questions just ask!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
These things rock, as long as you don't have to print to a Windows shared printer on a PC running XP. I have had my MBP for several months now, and I am still e-mailing stuff to my PC so I can print it.

I don't know if this will help, but it allowed me to print to a Brother HL-2040 shared from an XP computer. On the XP computer, make sure you have "Other Network File & Print Services" enabled. You can get there by going to:

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components -> click checkbox for "Other Network File & Print Services".

Once I enabled this on my XP computer, I was able to print just fine. Just another example of windows not wanting to share its toys. Hope this helps. If not, send me a private message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Glad to hear you're having so much fun! Me too and I also wish I would have done it sooner.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

I didn't even try to print to the printer I had prior to my MBP. Had been playing with Linux for awhile and getting my Canon to work there was just not fun. And even once you got it to do basic printing, no advanced settings were available. Promised myself would never again by a printer that the manufacturer refused to support in anything but windows.

Bought an HP with ethernet, set it up on the router, loaded the provided software on my XP, Linux and Mac machines. Love it, don't know why I didn't move to a network printer in lieu of a shared printer long ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.