An unexpected switcher....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I just got off the phone with my father, and lo and behold, he bought a 24 Inch iMac last night. He's been talking about upgrading his computer for some time, but he's been using Windows for close to fifteen years, so he was pretty much looking and brand new computers with Vista on them, and this came as a bit of a surprise.

Not that he has anything against Apple (when I was a kid we owned a ][+, //e, //c, ///+, and a Mac XL/Lisa 2/10). But he went to the PC side of things in the early 90s when he was working at a small computer store as a salesman. I'd been trying to get my mom to switch for a while, but my dad never seemed interested (too expensive, don't know how to use the new OS, etc.), and at 71 I thought that he might be a bit too set in his ways. I'm hopeful the switch will be problem free and he'll enjoy it.

Anyways, just thought I'd share the story of a new switcher, or at least an Apple user that hasn't been in the fold since System 7 was new.

Now we'll see if my mother gets jealous and ends up with one too. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Thats great! I think Vista is scaring alot of PC users over to the Mac. Unfortunately I still live in the PC world at work and after evaluating Vista, I'd rather see Windows users stay on XP. You and I both know your dad made the right decision!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I just bet he'll love it and I'd be amazed if your Mom doesn't end up with wanting one too. Or she'll move in on his and he'll be out shopping again ;>)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.