I want a MacBook now, but...

Reaction score
hey all! first post. longtime windows user, now switching to mac. i would like a macbook soon, but knowing apple they will come out with a new, better, cheaper version soon(happened with my ipod, but i couldnt return because it was engraved).

should i get one now, or wait 2 months?

P.S....
I LOVE the forum. i'll try to check in frequently for tips!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Welcome Milk_is_white (<--- Not Chocolate milk. Mmmm Chocolate milk) :D

It really depends on wether you need on right now or not. I personally do not need one now, but when the next revision is released (hopefully with Leopard) I will be getting one then. <---But who knows when that will be.

No harm in getting one now. No harm in waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
There will always be something new on the horizon and that is why I went ahead and sold my PowerBook G4 on eBay and bought my MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I don't think a new version of the MacBook will be out in 2 months, but I could be wrong. I just got one a little over a month ago and it is extremely quick and the OS is very easy to understand. I'd say go ahead and get the MacBook. It's basically scientific law that once you buy something, a newer, bigger, better thing comes out, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you because it'll happen no matter how long you wait.

By the way, that is an insightful, informative name that you have, I did not know that about milk. :D

Reaction score
I don't really understand option 3 in your poll but it's always good to have choices that you didn't expect. Well done....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
they probably wont come out with a new macbook until next year, but they will most likely bump the processor speeds up to 2.16ghz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I think now. The only thing that is going to change about a mackbook is processor speed, the OS and maybe wireless N. And I would bet my well used, outdated Macbook that none of that will hit until September. Even If you waited until then, six months later you will be outdated.
Honestly, once you start using one, the love you have for it will out weigh any future changes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I think you should go for it now. I just purchased a macbook pro a month ago and I am glad I did. A new one would come out tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I'm using my new toy not only for the basics but also garage band and Final Cut Express. Its more then adequate. Put the smile on your face now!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Two questions to ask yourself:

1. Can you afford it now?
2. Do you need it now?

If you answered yes to both, then go get it now. If not, then wait.

Reaction score
It always comes down to the above questions. If you can afford to wait, then wait. I don't think you'll see new hardware in two months, but there's a chance Leopard could be out. I think it might be a bit later than that, but it's all speculation right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.