• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Normalising volume levels on clips in DVD Studio Pro 4

Reaction score
hi

i am trying to build a dvd with a variety of clips which i imported have into dvd studio pro 4 as elementary streams, M2V and AC3 files. My problem is that the volume levels are different in some of the clips, so i need some way of exporting them to an audio application that can normalise/maximise the sound. I have yet to find an application that can handle AC3 files in this way (i.e. adjusting the volume levels). Does anyone know of such an application? The alternative method is to demux my clips into M2V and WAV (which is recognised by most audio applications), which i have experimented with a little, but i am getting synching problems with the audio/video when building tracks in DVD Studio Pro when i use this method, so would rather stick to AC3 if possible. I hope you can help!

thanks

nick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.