• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

RIDE - This is for you!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
NICE! :cool:

(whipped out the all-caps - it was the least i could do.)

OP
N
Reaction score
I just realised I did this after having a conversation via post with Tender Surrender .... arggghhh! Why can't I edit the thread title! Sorry RIDE.

PS thanks eric!

Reaction score
Is that a 335? I've got a 335. Blonde - dot neck. I'm somewhat ashamed to say it's in my mother-in-law's loft with four 10-year-old strings on it.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i actually haven't whipped out the floyd albums in a long time. that made me really want to listen to them again - and i don't have ANY here at work.
save for a cover of fearless by low.

i think i smell a new one band 100+ song mp3 cd for the car brewing. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
*Gives huge thumbs up*

Im impressed man, sounds cool!
I must ask though, and this isn't me being mean (and im sorry if it comes across as) but why so much gain?

You clearly know how to play the song (and well) so roll back some of that gain man and let the tone roll through :D

Definitly impressed man i like it! I'll have to get some videos of me up there soon!

~~ TS ~~

OP
N
Reaction score
It's the very first guitar I bought - an Aria Pro II. I really like Larry Carlton and so this guitar is similiar to his Gibson 335. My guitar has so many fret buzz sounds, the frets need filing but it'll never get done cos my guitar playing days are more or less over .... MartinS, your 335 will increase in value so just leave it were it is .... unless you get the urge .... but watch out for the blisters .... I should know - I've got a whopper now!

OP
N
Reaction score
*Gives huge thumbs up*

Im impressed man, sounds cool!
I must ask though, and this isn't me being mean (and im sorry if it comes across as) but why so much gain?

You clearly know how to play the song (and well) so roll back some of that gain man and let the tone roll through :D

Definitly impressed man i like it! I'll have to get some videos of me up there soon!

~~ TS ~~

Thanks, TS - I'm so glad you got to see it! The gain is 'cos in the previous post I complained about the fret buzz - some of those notes just don't come out unless I up the Gain ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With the fret buzz, its more then likely the action on your guitar is 2 low. (or the neck isnt perfect)

Try raising the action a little to see if it clears it up, if not it might be the neck and some truss rod adjustments might be in order.

Also maybe to help with getting a little closer to that gilmour tone, use the bridge pup a lot. He often used the bridge pup on his strat to get a slightly more treble edge to his sound during solos :)

~~ TS ~~

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips TS.

I forgot to mention earlier that I worked all that out by ear ... no tab no nothing ... just persistance and perspiration and a tape deck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im impressed, Getting some of the bends and small scales gilmour does by ear can be quite hard :)

I'll try and get some videos up soon, this weekend is going to be hectic but past that, i should get some time in :)

Im genuinly impressed, it takes time and a lot of patience to acheive that and you've done it *pats Pulse-8 on the back*

~~ TS ~~

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks a lot TS!

Those licks that take in the whole 6 strings were very hard to pin down ... in the end I had to just go for it and was lucky to crack them easier that way rather than rewinding the tape, listening and trying to 'hear' where he was going!

M

MacHeadCase

OMG.

Man, you are good! No, the word good doesn't even start to describe what that performance of yours is...

I am speechless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I just realised I did this after having a conversation via post with Tender Surrender .... arggghhh! Why can't I edit the thread title! Sorry RIDE.

WOW!!! No need to apologize. Pink Floyd is my ALL-TIME Favorite band without question. I own EVERY album they have created. Not a day goes by that I don't listen to some of their amazing work.

You probably saw in the other thread that I had asked TS if his band played any Pink Floyd covers.

Wonderful job Pulse-8!!!! Thank you!

****MAX +REP+ TO YOU!!!***

EDIT: Does the "Pulse" part of your screen name refer to Pink Floyd's 1995 Live Album P*U*L*S*E???
400661006_0212e5b14e_m.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another big-time Pink Floyd fan checking in. Very nice, Pulse-8 - very impressive.

Reaction score
just pop the blister and keep playing ... muahaha.... good job. But you will notice, blisters won't come back very soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
That is freaking awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Good job! Sounds really good too.. You think that blister is bad? Try playing bass for 11 years...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.