Another Unhappy Windows Customer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
Hey everyone,

I just bought a new MacBook yesterday. I've been using Windows since 1995. I was hunting for a new laptop as my wife took over my Toshiba for her graphics design classes. With the introduction of Vista, I was not impressed at all with the way the OS hogs memory. So, I did some research and bought my first apple product.

I'm very pleased with everything about Mac OS X. I've used linux distros before, so am somewhat familiar with UNIX systems. I had a few small details that I had to search for answers on and I'm happy to say I was able to find the answers on this forum.

Excellent forum and I hope all my problems are as easy as doing a quick search. Thanks for the wonderful information that made the transition easier!

:)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
welcome aboard jacefox!

congrats on the new macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Yay, another Macbook owner :) Congrats and enjoy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome to the forums. You'll find this place a wealth of information and top-notch people who are willing to help. It's addicting though so be forewarned!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome jacefox!

As a previous Linux user, you may wish to check out my Linux to Mac Switchers' Guide, which contains lots of good switching info in Linux friendly terms, as well as generally useful stuff like how to maintain your Mac to keep it running at optimum efficiency, a short list of crticial apps you need to get, and so on. See:

http://www.campbell-tx.net/MacOSX/Linux2Mac/linux2mac.html

Post back, or drop me a private message, if you have any questions!

Again, welcome!!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
Thanks mac57! I'll be sure to read the Guide. And thanks to everyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Welcome to Mac-Forums, and congrats on the new MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.