Back to desktop button??

C

Carolyn

Is there a button/series of buttons on the keyboard that will minimize the program/game I am in and take me to the desktop?

OP
S

StarManta

In a fullscreen game... not usually. You can try command-M (that works in StarCraft at least), maybe command-H, but check the instructions for the given game.

For anything that runs in a window, if you're on panther, hit either F10 or F11. (I think it's F11, but I changed the buttons on mine long ago.) The windows will be swept off to the side so you can access your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
command M works for most blizzard games..
command- tab
escape may work
or thers always classic

command q
and
command option esc :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Command Q is the standard shortcut for quit. Same as Alt-F4 on Windows if you're used to that.

Command - Option - Esc is force quit, or Ctrl-Alt-Del on windows. Use that if your program freezes. You can also go to the apple menu and select force quit, or control-click on the program's icon in the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There is command H also, F11 works great!

OP
S

spencerb

With Expose in Panther you can assign a hot corner or function key to show the desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.