MBP issue..supposed to be like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" c2d mbp 2gb ram 120gb hdd
hi guys...heres the deal, i had my mbp closed and sittin my desk and i was looking at it and i noticed that the right side of the screen doesnt "line up" or
"sit flush" like the left side does..this is something that i CAN live with, but would rather not seeing as i spent a boat load of money on this laptop. i was just wondering if i could take this into to the apple store to get "fixed" or checked out i did buy apple care, not that it would matter in this situation as the mbp is only a few weeks old

here are some pics to better explain:
right side:
IMG_0001-1.jpg

left side:
IMG_0002.jpg

right:
IMG_0003-1.jpg

left:
IMG_0004-1.jpg

right:
IMG_0005-2.jpg

left:
IMG_0006-1.jpg

sorry for the semi huge pics...just wanted to show what i was talking about..

i can push down on the right corner and it will move with in its gap, but when i try that on the left side there is no gap...just wondering if it would do me any good to take it to the apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Mine does this too, it hasnt caused any problems so far and ive debated taking it to the apple store. If you do end up at the apple store, please post about how it went. If it went well then I might be taking a trip to my local apple store.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i want to take it to the apple store, but what if they tell me they have to send it out? i dont know how ill fair without my mbp...ill wait for some more replys and see what they have to say on the topic...maybe ill take it in to the apple store end of next month if it "bugs" me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)
My Powerbook has the same problem hasn't cased me any problems, I just put it down to me treating my laptop hard - treat it mean keep it keen and all that !:eek:

James

Oh the other 3 laptops in the office have the same thing............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
My MBP is less then a month old and it's like that. I never noticed it until now.

Reaction score
Even my PowerBookG4 does this. It still drives me nuts but I guess that is the way it is. I've gotton over it to a point.

I think Mac users are more fussy about their equipment. Apple has got this rep for being perfect and it's a difficult label to live up to sometimes.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Even my PowerBookG4 does this. It still drives me nuts but I guess that is the way it is. I've gotton over it to a point.

I think Mac users are more fussy about their equipment. Apple has got this rep for being perfect and it's a difficult label to live up to sometimes.

lol, im a first time mac owner, and im a bit fussy over it yes, but only cause i spent close to $3000 on it, and i would be the same way if this was a sony, dell, alienware, etc laptop...i spent quite a bit of money and such a small imprefection can be quite bother some...its just i thought i paid for quality

dont get me wrong the rest of the laptop is great...just this small thing :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I was like this when I got mine - I think I made a post about it at the time - and was all set to take it back to the store to get another one. In the end I kept the yellow pages on top of the dodgy side every month. It helped for a bit but I shut it before posting and it has gone back to how it was.I don't really notice it now!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Mine's 2 months old now, never noticed till u brought it up, but it has the gap on the left side.

Did a test to find out the difference. Eight pieces of printer paper will fit into the gap on the right side while 13 pieces fit into the left side. Oh man, now i'll never be able to let it go.:closed:

Reaction score
LOL, i'm new to the whole Mac world and my MBP is the same. I'm not trippin' about it. As long as it doesn't open on its own, i'm all set. Hehe

Reaction score
OMG

I can't believe how many people spend so much time on this topic.

I'm sorry, but how does this affect the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
OMG

Only superfiscial actually but got a question for you did you drop $3000.00 on a MPB ? No then perhaps you will never understand .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMG

it could affect it greatly, my worry is that something happens with the computer and I bring it in to be repaired and they see the little scratch marks caused by the offset screen. Then they say its my fault and not replace it, when really I had nothing to do with it. Also, like somebody has said before, I paid around $3000 for something I expect it to be as perfect as it can be.

Would you pay $30,000 for a car if the door didn't shut correctly? I doubt it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Only superfiscial actually but got a question for you did you drop $3000.00 on a MPB ? No then perhaps you will never understand .

it could affect it greatly, my worry is that something happens with the computer and I bring it in to be repaired and they see the little scratch marks caused by the offset screen. Then they say its my fault and not replace it, when really I had nothing to do with it. Also, like somebody has said before, I paid around $3000 for something I expect it to be as perfect as it can be.

Would you pay $30,000 for a car if the door didn't shut correctly? I doubt it.

thank you guys, it is the fact that i spent $3000 on a product and after a week or so of ownership i notice something like this. and quite frankly its a downer that i didnt get a flawless product

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you guys, it is the fact that i spent $3000 on a product and after a week or so of ownership i notice something like this. and quite frankly its a downer that i didnt get a flawless product

I was just thinking, and I might do this too. You could call Apple and just tell them whats happening and say its been this way since you got the computer, that way it's documented and if something ever does happen they know this issue wasnt your fault.

I know over the last few months of having my computer I havent noticed it as much, so im sure with time it will begin to fade away with you too. Hope you like the rest of your computer though, they are really nice machines. :black:

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was just thinking, and I might do this too. You could call Apple and just tell them whats happening and say its been this way since you got the computer, that way it's documented and if something ever does happen they know this issue wasnt your fault.

I know over the last few months of having my computer I havent noticed it as much, so im sure with time it will begin to fade away with you too. Hope you like the rest of your computer though, they are really nice machines. :black:

i think ill do this, its much easier than taking it to apple store and then possibly shipping my mbp out for repair..what number would i call thou?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is the U.S. #: 1-800-275-2273

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.