A new Mac Inductee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
I received my MBP 15" 2.33 with 2gigs of Ram tonight.. Um. it's a total blast so far... and all I have been doing is exploring/setting up options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Congrats on your purchase. You're standing at the entrance of a new age of computing. One that will bring sensations of joy and excitement to your life. Welcome to the light side :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Great news - I am certain you will enjoy it!

Reaction score
I'm sure you will love it even after the first day oblivion wears off! LOL I just bought mine on Monday.

M

MacHeadCase

Well hey! You can test that new MBP babe of yours being online with us!
icon6.gif

Congrats!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
It's great so far... I have my ethernet hooked up to my DSL Modem.. The only problem I haven't figured out yet is my Wireless. I can get it to recognize my wireless is there, but for some reason it won't allow me to connect. I reset my Modem/Router back to defaults.. not a biggy. The encryption key is listed on the bottom of the Modem, but it won't allow me to connect using the default password.

Even if I create my own 64bit hexadecimal code, it won't allow me to connect. I need to play with it some more..

I have a suspicion, but not 100% sure, so I will keep playing.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
I thought I had to convert my password to hexadecimal for the mac.. that idea didn't work.. :).. Whenever I try to get onto my home network, I get password incorrect. Any suggestions? I have tried the default password on the modem and laptop... I have tried my own madeup password.. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any advice.

M

MacHeadCase

Hmm someone else had that question about the password but can't find it right now.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
ok.. back.. no it didn't work for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What router do you have? What sort of encryption are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
i had that problem too and if using the $ sign in front of the wep key is hexidecimal then thats what worked for me

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
2Wire, Wep 64bit (10 Hexadecimal - I simply put in 1234567890 and that is my access password)

I tried doing $1234567890 on my laptop, and it isn't working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i have that same router and i have no problems accessing it...is your airport settings at defaults?

did you buy the laptop with os x already installed or did you install/setup os x yourself?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
Pretty sure, because I can pick up my router from my available networks screen.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
i have that same router and i have no problems accessing it...is your airport settings at defaults?

did you buy the laptop with os x already installed or did you install/setup os x yourself?

It was already installed, came on the MBP and yes I have tried my router at default settings.. I even hit "Restore to Default" just to make sure.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
It has to do with the password. It keeps telling me the password is invalid. I know I am not mistyping it, as I am a very proficient typer. I will try to set my password up again on my router home page.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.33 2Gig
Ok, I blew everything out on my network settings and got it working. Thanks for the pointers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.