• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Your favourite Hammond organ tracks?

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a good bit of whirly Hammond organ. Which are your favourite Hammond organ-rich tracks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
MartinS, are you a fan of the British sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf? One of the main characters there (Rimmer) was also a fan of Hammond organ, which was not viewed positively by his shipmates - the source of much humor on the show!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I love that show, they're doing repeats at the minute. MartinS, if you saw the show you would not take kindly to Mac57 comparing you to Rimmer...

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Do you know, a friend of mine loved it, but I've only ever seen a couple of episodes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
moss918, I wasn't comparing ANYBODY to Rimmer! You are right, that would be quite an insult!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I love the Hammond when used in Blues and Jazz.

Reaction score
Or he may be an old Viz reader, Captain Morgan and his Hammond Organ - showing my age again :eek:

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
If you listen to Barfly by Ray LaMontagne, that's the kind of Hammond organ that really floats my boat.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Tramaine Hawkins Live - Lift Me Up and Who Is He - Jimmy McGriff on Organ, Carlos Santana on Guitar

OP
MartinS
Reaction score
Organ and Carlos Sultana?! I'm checking that one out...

M

MacHeadCase

I dunno if it's a Hammond organ or not but about the only piece of music I like organ in is The Band's Chest Fever.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Tramaine Hawkins Live - Lift Me Up and Who Is He - Jimmy McGriff on Organ, Carlos Santana on Guitar

Going to check both of those out!!!! Thanks RMan!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
If you listen to Barfly by Ray LaMontagne, that's the kind of Hammond organ that really floats my boat.

Excellent choice. Saw him at the Apollo in London earlier this month, breathtaking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.