I got questions...

T

TheMonkeyProjec

I just recently got a shiny new imac, 20", 2.16ghz, 256MB video.

This is the first mac i've used since Apple IIC. So far I love it when i'm able to do something efficiently, and frustrated when i can't, however, i know that's my own issue, not the Mac's.

One of my big questions is this...when my g/f signed on under her username, she downloaded the updates, then i signed on my name, and also had to download the updates. So does that mean all these downloaded things are taking up double the space? In case that's not very clear, here's an example. On my pc, i would install a program, choose to use it on both names, and that was that. On the mac, we have to download and install it under both names. Is there a better way to do it?

Also, we loaded the music from her MP3 player onto the mac, and while i can see, and listen to it, i'm not able to burn any of it, is it possible to load all of the music into one shared folder?

I'll probably have TONS more questions, as i've only had the mac about a week and am still learning in a major way....thanks everyone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You should always download and apply the updates in the Administrator account. The only reason that I can come up with on why you both had to download them, is maybe they didn't get installed when she downloaded them?

Put your music in the Shared folder, and go into the itunes prefs, and tell it to use the music there, and not to copy it to its own library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.