iPhone F.A.Q

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
We are all very excited about the iPhone - well, most of us. thought I'd whip up a FAQ from what I know.

1:Q: What can this thing do - looks like a smartphone with a touch screen to me.

1:A: It can do a lot - it invents a very neat thing, called Visual Voicemail. Hence the name, it makes voice mail look like e-mail. It also does many forms of media - Music, Videos, Photos. Take an iPod video, smash it together with the coolest touchscreen smartphone in the world, and you have an iPhone.

2:Q:Wow, that's neat. How much will it cost?

2:A: Well, a darn lot. For the 4GB version, It's $499. For the 8GB version, it's $599. This is something that is a downside of the the ?iPhone.

3:Q:Ouch. Thats expensive. What does it offer in terms of networks?

3:A: Apple unfortunately picked cingular/AT&T to be the iPhone's carrier.

4:Q: Ok, I've never paid attention to cell phones, but I do know things like CDMA and GSM. What is the iPhone, and what is Cingular/AT&T?

4:A: Cingular and iPhone are GSM. The iPhone is a quadband GSM phone. A

5:Q: Is there a huge difference between GSM and CDMA?

5:A: No, for the end-user, there is no difference.

6:Q: Okay then. I'm in [insert other country than USA]. When is it coming here?

6:A: It's coming to Canada in Q4 2007. It's carrier will be rogers wireless, a better decision than the cingular thing. When it's going worldwide, sometime in 2008, and I'm not sure about carriers.

7:Q: What are some competitors to this?

7:A: The LG Prada is a similar touchscreen phone, that people think Apple may have copied. The Samsung F700 is similar, but has a qwerty keyboard and a touch screen.

8:Q: How's the camera?

8:A: Meh. 2 Megapixels. Definitely could of been 3.

9:Q: Durability?

9:A: We don't know yet. Steve Jobs is the only one who's walking around with a cool new iPhone on the streets of cupertino.

If you need to correct me, just send me a quick PM. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.