new macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Hey all in a few weeks here i shall be receiving a new macbook 13 inch screen... and well first off all my mom had the macbook pro 15 inch and i just wanna kno if i will be dissapointed with the difference of the two when i get mine. When i ask this i mean performance wise and cosmetically. Also i kno that the hard drive is bigger in the black macbook and is that the only difference in the two... so plz any input would be great. Sorry about the grammar, and im not at the top on my typing skills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I'm one of those people who likes to crank up monitor resolution to its highest for maximum screen real-estate (and still do, external monitor spanned with LCD) and I found the 13.3" screen of my Macbook great! Something about the 'widescreen' aspect makes it kind of 'HD' so to speak, even if the resolution is 'only' 1280x800. I lived with it just fine for about a week until I got a miniDV - VGA converter to hook up my 20" CRT. When I'm out and about without the external monitor and it's very nice. Very crisp and clear as well. In fact I usually have to turn down the brightness.

Also if I'm lazy I won't even bother to hook up the external monitor and just use the LCD. I think you'll like it.

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright well thank you walker j that makes me more at ease that the screen is nice. the only other real big thing i wanna know is, black or white, i almost want the black just because i think its kinda sexy and like the idea of black mac book white ipod... oh and also is there anyway to take my music of my pc and but it on here from itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
alright well thank you walker j that makes me more at ease that the screen is nice. the only other real big thing i wanna know is, black or white, i almost want the black just because i think its kinda sexy and like the idea of black mac book white ipod... oh and also is there anyway to take my music of my pc and but it on here from itunes

If you think the black is sexy I say go for the black. The fact is it's a matter of preference and if you really like the black, heck, go for the black.

With something like a computer which you will be using VERY often you mind as well get what you really want. ;)

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks johhyfinve i think that i am going to go with that... can anyone tell me whether i can transfer the music off my itunes on my pc on to my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There are a couple of threads on how to transfer files from a PC to a Mac. The two best ways to do it is either use an external hard drive or connect the two computers via Ethernet.

If you have an external hard drive, I suggest using that as it's the most pain free method. You just plug it into the PC, copy the music onto it, then plug it into the Mac and transfer the music over.

Ethernet isn't exactly hard, but requires a little effort. If you have to go with this method because you don't have an external hard drive, then I'll find a thread with easy to follow instructions and post it here.

Edit: Here we go. Transferring Music from Mac to PC. Scroll down to the bottom of the first page and follow the instructions I posted. :black:

OP
spudd4242
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alright thank you very much kash.. now can anyone point me in the direction of where to get like custom desktops i have seen them around and would like to start looking around

T

todd51

alright thank you very much kash.. now can anyone point me in the direction of where to get like custom desktops i have seen them around and would like to start looking around

Here is a good place to get icons for your Apps and different folders.

http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/

Browse that site for a while, it's got some really cool stuff on it! If you don't know how to change your icons, you can usually select the icon your wishing to change and hit "Command+I" or Control+click and hit "get info". Then highlight the new icon you want, and go back into the "get info" window. Click once on the preview in the upper left corner, and just hit "Command+V". Voila!

Oh, or you can download a nifty free little program called CandyBar and it should do it for you once you have the icons downloaded. You should just be able to "drag-n-drop". Google for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I have a white Macbook, while my wife has a black Macbook. I think the black is very cool looking (the Apple logo illuminated on the back of the screen is striking) but I have no envy/lust over it vs. my white one. She thinks the black border around the LCD makes it look somehow bigger, which makes her really like it a lot. Me, I'm fine with the white. Besides it matches my iPod, mouse, keyboard, remote, monitor, headphones...

T

todd51

I think the black is very cool looking (the Apple logo illuminated on the back of the screen is striking)

Wow I never thought about that, I bet it does glow quite brightly! Haha, I never get to see mine since I'm the only one using it all the time. None of my friends have a Mac, nor care to even use one. They can't stand the "no right click" haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
They can't stand the "no right click" haha.

My brother said the same thing, but once he realized that you just double-finger tap, he felt rather stupid :bomb:

I actually find myself doing the double tap to right-click on PC laptops until I realize I have to physically press a button. I personally find the Mac trackpad MUCH easier to use :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.