• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Which camcorder is for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
OK i have to write this quickly but right now im torn between the elura 100 and the pv-gs300. i want good video quality. from what i can tell the gs300 has better video quality but some numbers and figures given on a review of the elura 100 makes it seem like it has better video performance. please help me out.

I'll make my needs a bit more clear when i get home from school and can edit this. im looking to get into video editing if that information is needed. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i myself was going to get an elura 100 around christmas, but i've decided to wait. Here's why: March 8-11 is PMA. Here all of the major camera companies unviel new products. IF you don't have a big project coming up, wait until then.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why not a ZR850...it seems superior to the Elura and cheaper!

I was really going solely on cnets reviews and the elura was reviewed more highly than the zr850. also, if price means any thing, the elura 100 retails for a higher price than the zr850. I think based on the fact that the gs300 has 3 ccd chip its going to have a better video quality, but i think ill take the first responders advice and wait. although i probably wont get one of the hot new camcorders b/c they'll cost too much (right now im looking at refurbished) it could bring a price drop on the older models.

Reaction score
I have a pvgs500 which I have heard is like the pvgs300 and i love it! One of the best buys (no not the sore) that I have ever made!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Don't know your price range, but I am looking at the Canon HV20 and the Sony HDR-HC7.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The gs300 looks like its a great camcorder, but should i factor in its age in my choice? after all its over two years old, how many advances in technology have been made since then? Anymore input would still be greatly appreciated.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the PV-GS300 and the PV-GS320?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.