Best PC speakers. .

Reaction score
Im looking for good quality that gets fairly loud. . i was looking into bose comp 2 or comp 3. . or was wondering if the ipod bose idock could be used as comp speakers as well. . .any input appreciated!

M

MacHeadCase

An audiophile buddy of mine once recommended the Swans M-200 with a decent subwoofer (I think it was a Rocket *Something Model* that was being discontinued, hence a real bargain).

But I finally couldn't go with his advice: moolah escaped my grubby fingers in a most inopportune moment. Heh. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have the Bose Companion 3 and they're awesome...

A bit overpriced though (I got them for 200$ with my employee's discount, but regular retail is $300 I think - which they're not really worth).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I second the vote for the Bose Companion speakers. I have them as well, and they sound great. I liked them so well, I gave a set to my daughter for Christmas. She also professes to love them. So, good product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Anything by Logitech is good for the money. They sound great and really put out the bass. If you are looking for all-around good speakers, then go with a 2.1 or 5.1 surround setup. It you are looking for something with superior sound quality, then you will want monitors, such as the ones that MacheadCase reccomended. You're going to pay out the *rear end* for monitors though.

Reaction score
I used to have these monitors and was really impressed considering their price. The good thing with these is that you can use them 'flat' and get a 'true' sound or you can color the sound with the treble and bass controls. Only $190 US but you could probably find them a little cheaper.

http://www.behringer.com/MS40/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.