• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Uninstall Adobe CS2. Please help!

Reaction score
Hi! I am installing a version of Adobe CS3 beta. My problem is, the installer tells me to uninstall my trial version of CS2 (which i would be thrilled to do), but the CS2 trial installer does not have an uninstall option!

Please help. Thank you!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Probably belongs in the Applications Section... Anyway, if Photoshop doesn't have an installer (check its original installer and see if while "installing" there is an uninstall option before doing anything else), you could try using an application like AppDelete (freeware).

AppDelete readme said:
The goal of AppDelete is to delete the items (files and folders) that are associated with the application you want to delete. This is so you don't have to delete them manually, or let them remain on your computer once your app is deleted. While it is difficult to be perfect in getting every item, AppDelete should remove all of the associated items.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You can simply drag and drop all the files into trash. Try AppZapper. You may have to remove the CS2 from /Library/Receipts/ as well.

M

MacHeadCase

I think Adobe adds an uninstaller with their apps. I tried a few months ago, on the old iMac G4, getting rid of Adobe Acrobat manually and that messed up a lot of stuff so would not advise in manually dropping them in the trash and I don't think AppZapper can take care of uninstalling Adobe apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.