Serious Problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I'm having a really strange problem with my imac and photoshop for some strange reason when i try and open jpegs in photoshop it gives me a warning about color profiles and then when i open it up it scales them all down everytime i open it...for example i opened a file i KNOW is 1024x900 but it scales it down to around 300!

what am I doing wrong? I never had a problem like this on my PC (just switched from PC to Mac this past week)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
PPI = Pixels Per Inch. Perhaps the term DPI (dots per inch) is more familar to you? They really mean the same thing.

HOWEVER, I am not sure that anything is wrong. If you have your default Photoshop color space set to something different than the color space of the image you are opening, Photoshop can be set to warn you about this. I have it set up that way on my system in fact. This likely explains the warning.

Re the scaling, is the image itself being scaled, or just the on screen representation of it? If you look in the lower left of the window, you should see a scaling factor. If that is anything but 100%, Photoshop is scaling your view of the image, but not the image itself. You can bring it back to full size by either:

1/ Use the magnifier tool - select it and double click in the image
2/ Use the CMD-0 keystroke

Both of these will present the image at 100% magnification.

Let us know if this works!

OP
The Turtle!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I think I figured it out and no its not photoshop rescaling it i realized when its an image file from my "library" in iphoto it does this but if its an image i just happened to grab from my desktop in a quick save when i find it for example it doesnt do that so im guessing its iphoto thats doing this but i cant get my images out of iphoto it keeps telling me images are busy and when i search for the image it shows doubles of everything one in "iphoto size" i guess you could say and then the "real size" how do i take all of my photos out of iphoto because this is EXTREMELY annoying!

Reaction score
Try dragging the image from iphoto to the desktop. That will create a copy for you to use. Don't messa round inside iPhoto's folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.