Mac Lover, PC Gamer

Reaction score
I love Macs. I always try to borrow my friend's Macbook for class, and love the fact that I don't have to constantly run scans and antiviruses to keep it running in tip-top shape. However, I'm a gamer. Macs can't run a majority of the games I enjoy, and it's the only reason I haven't bought one myself.

I've recently heard of dual-booting OSX and Windows, so that I can play PC games and and enjoy OSX on the same system [not necessarily at the same time].
Is this possible, or is it only a rumor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Its very possible.. any of the new macs with the intel chips can and will dual boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
Go out and get yourself a Macbook Pro with as much RAM as you can afford.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! Another question...

I use Bittorrent a lot, but don't really want to buy an expensive internal HD upgrade. Are there external memory options available? How complicated are they to use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Thanks for all the replies! Another question...

I use Bittorrent a lot, but don't really want to buy an expensive internal HD upgrade. Are there external memory options available? How complicated are they to use?

You mean disk space? If so, yes. I have an external 250GB hard drive in a $25 firewire enclosure right here in front of me. Plug it in, and the Mac detects it and sets it up for use. In fact, it used to be the firewire disk for my old Mac Mini. With my new Macbook I plug it in and it sees all the files that are on it. You can daisy chain other external firewire disks off the first one.

Okay, so it doesn't match the color scheme...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.