Wave Editors/Music Programs

Reaction score
Recent convert here.. I am used to using Adobe Audition on a friends computer to record into, edit long bits of audio, trackmark and create cds and so on. What programs are good for this on the Mac? I am thinking of investing in Logic at some point, would Logic cover this area as well?

Ta!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
For fairly simple audio editing, I use Audacity (google search for it) which is free, and available for the Mac.

Some use Garage Band, but I have found Audacity sufficient for most of my music editing needs.

OP
A
Reaction score
For fairly simple audio editing, I use Audacity (google search for it) which is free, and available for the Mac.

Some use Garage Band, but I have found Audacity sufficient for most of my music editing needs.

How complex is the CD burning process on it? I want to be able to make trackmarks, can it do that?
EDIT: as it's free i'll find out and come back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I follow the 'correct tool for the job' approach when it comes to editing music. If I'm producing something like a skit with multiple tracks, with soundtracks etc., or repairing a recording that got hit by stream buffering, Audacity will usually fit the bill. I use it mostly, however, to extract individual songs from a recorded stream. Once these are all saved out to a folder with a CDs worth of music I hand them over to iTunes for Audio CD burning, I encode them to .mp3 with bladeenc (a command line batch encoder that uses LAME), tag them with a script I wrote that tags based on the file name, then hand those over to iTunes to live in a library for my iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.