Question re 1st generation models

Reaction score
This may be a silly question, it does seem to have some bearing though on making choices.

How does someone who has never owned a Mac and is looking at Apple's web site, gauge whether or not the model of interest to them, is a first generation model ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Not sure what you mean by "1st Generation".... All of Apple's products listed are the newest revisions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
All the current selling Macs are 2nd generation models, except for the Mac Pro, which is still on its first introduction generation. The other models have been updated.

Reaction score
You should also check out everymac.com as they have a complete list of practically every mac ever released.

OP
C
Reaction score
Both bookmarked, cheers
thumbsup4kk.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
There's an ap that has info on almost everything ever apple related, they released. It's called Mactracker.

http://www.mactracker.ca/

And they seem to update it fairly often. I great app I often use for info on my old mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.