everything in focus lenses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hello Guys,
I have a few lenses already that are great for shallow depth of feild and they are great. My question is how can I get a deeper DOF with out loosing all my light?

Reaction score
how can I get a deeper DOF with out loosing all my light?

Depth of field is effected by your distance from the subject, your focal length, and your aperture. The closer you are to the subject, the shallower the depth of field. The longer the focal length, the shallower your depth of field. The larger the aperture (smaller fstop numbers because they are fractions, IE 1/2.8) the shallower your depth of field.

Shrinking the aperture size will decrease your light by half for every ftsop you stomp down. Meaning if you don't want to lose your light and still want increase your depth of field, you need to either decrease your focal length or increase your distance from the subject, or both!

The easiest way, for example landscapes where most of the time your want everything sharp, is stomp down and use a tripod.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i know i put this in the photo section, but that because i'm trying to use still lenses with video... what if the camera is not on a tripod, what effect does it have... asking because obviously i want my camera to be moving at some points.

Reaction score
Film lenses with a video camera? wow. How are you adjusting the aperture? To keep everything sharp your best bet would be a wider angle lens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Yep, if you go with a wide angle (wider the better) then you will be able to keep everything in focus rather easily....well everything say 8 feet and further from your camera. It all depends on the focal length and aperture your using, but basically the wider the better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.