Wheres the best place to buy my imac?

Reaction score
Is it better to purchase the system online or at a local store? There are no mac stores near me but Circuit City does sell them. I could get a better deal online but who services them? Does apple have in home techs or would it have to be shipped back to the company for servicing?
I am not planning on purchasing for several months but am trying to get as much info as I can before then.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Is it better to purchase the system online or at a local store? There are no mac stores near me but Circuit City does sell them. I could get a better deal online but who services them? Does apple have in home techs or would it have to be shipped back to the company for servicing?
I am not planning on purchasing for several months but am trying to get as much info as I can before then.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Apple does not have in home techs. If you do not have an apple store near by you would have to ship it to apple for service.. Or find a local computer store that services Mac's.

One thing to keep in mind. If you buy your computer at a retail shop make sure you can find a local computer store that has apple certified techs.. If someone works on your computer and they are NOT a apple certified tech and something goes wrong your warranty is VOID.

Do you have a compusa near by? they usually have apple certified techs..

Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have both compusa's and apple stores nearby. With that said, however, I spoke to the salesman at the apple store and they recommended I purchase my new iMac directly from apple. The reason for this is that I wanted to upgrade the RAM on both the system and video. The apple store (and compusa and circuit city) all sold the base 1gb 20" iMac with 128mb of video ram. The shipping from Apple was free and the computer arrived within three days from when I ordered it. If I do have a problem I can take it to apple, but I'm not afraid to ship it back if something does turn out to be problematic. I did purchase the apple care plan and highly recommend it for any all-in-one machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.