• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A simple doubt

Reaction score
Well, i dont have a mac, but iam planning to buy one. a black macbook.
The only thing that retains me is the variety of software made for windows.

So i just came up with a doubt. Wat if you copy the "WINDOWS" folder, into the HD of a mac, or in a Folder named C: in the HD?

Would the mac be able to read windows programs? :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In short, no. Don't forget, just because the system may be running on an Intel chip, it's not a MS/Windows Operating system. Macs will not recognize or execute Windows or Windows Apps from within OSX without something like Parrels. Macs also do not use the lettered drive name structure and Intel Macs do not have a BIOS that Windows can use (they use an EFI). You Can run Windows natively on your Mac, but you need to use Apple's Bootcamp software to do so.

There are rumors that the next version of OSX may allow for the virtual running of Windows apps within OSX on the fly, but no one will know for sure until it is out.

OP
R
Reaction score
cool barbie dolls, then iam going mac. Do you know when the next version is coming? Is because If iam going to buy a mac, id better buy it with the new OS

PD: can a agp video card work for a mac? for a macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5 is slated to be out "in the Spring" but that could mean anytime between tomorrow and July. The slated cost of 10.5 will likely be $129.

IIRC, if you buy your Mac within 30 (or 60?) days of the release of a new system, they will send you the new system for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
nobody knows when the next version of osx is coming out
there are many rumours, it will be out this year :D
hope this helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no as there is no agp port on a laptop is there!

OP
R
Reaction score
Lol, idk, ive been a windows user since i got a computer. An there is a guy in school that keeps reminding me what mac has, and vista doesn't, and showing me jokes on the net about the copy of mac vista is. He ended up convincing me. The fact that convinces me, is the security you got on a mac, and the widgets, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah the security on the mac is great
you will have loads of windows virus;s on it that wont affect you.. its great :D

OP
R
Reaction score
Does Mac come with a program editor or something? What would be a very cool thing done with the AppleScript? :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it comes with the AppleScript App to make your own scripts...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not that I know of, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DOH! I always forget about those because I never instal that disc!

M

MacHeadCase

*Phew* I thought I had it wrong since I always look up what you post 'cause you got the cool answers, baggss!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've just never gone into the dev side of it, so I have no idea what's on that disc. Good call though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.