Creative Suite CS3?

Reaction score
Is Adobe CS3 still scheduled for release this spring? I haven't heard anything about it since Photoshop Beta was released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Rumours say April or May.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
They'll lose face if they leave it too long; I'd be very suprised if it's as late as September. I'd imagine it will be out by May / June.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you have Photoshop CS2, Adobe is making a beta of Photoshop CS3 available. Go to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3. All you need to get it running is your current CS2 license key. I have been running it for a month or two. It is very stable. Enjoy!

BTW, the beta expires when the commercial version is released, so this is not CS3 for free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Its not CS3 for free, and it is a beta, not a full working version. I believe Adobe have purposely made glitches in the software so it cant be used commercially, or for any serious work.

The brush cursor does not show making it annoying and difficult to use properly, and the image resizing function is also has its faults, making images jaggered and rough after resizing. These 2 issues alone make the software unusable for my applications.

But it is only a beta, and there are some nice new features, so I say the sooner they release CS3 the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Its not CS3 for free, and it is a beta, not a full working version. I believe Adobe have purposely made glitches in the software so it cant be used commercially, or for any serious work.
That sounds like borderline "conspiracy theory" :black:

Like everyone has said, it is beta software. It isn't a finished product... the very definition of what a beta software is. It is going to have glitches, issues, annoyances, problems, faults, etc. That is why companies release betas of ther software... to help find and pinpoint those problems that may not have been noticed or thought about before. Beta is just another stage of developing software. Finding those quirks is part of the very development of the application. Once those issues are brought to light, then the company can go and make appropriate revisions for the Alpha/Gold release.

I seriously doubt that any of those issues or hang-ups were intentional or put there on purpose.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Oddly, I haven't seen any of the reported problems so far, particularly the brush cursor item. So at least some folks are having an OK time with it. It doesn't seem purposely crippled from this end. Could this be a G5 vs. Intel issue? I have a G5 - what do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
If Apple suddenly takes over Adobe, probably next Tuesday. :D

OP
E
Reaction score
I just got word from a pretty reliable source that Adobe has not even set a date or thought of a date for CS3's release. "He" said to watch the web site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.