New Macbook

Reaction score
I'm about to officiall delve into the Macbook market. The last time i used a mac was a few years ago and it was OS X 8..so its been sometime.

Basically, its for work and leisure use. Storing docs, recording and editing the podcast, picture editing (photoshop stuff), small amount of flash animation. I was going to go for the £800 macbook (2.0GHz core duo, 1GB ram etc)

would this be suitable? ive been told that im stupid buying a macbook now as apple has plans to release another laptop or something.

finally...ive been told there is a website dedicated to apple macs, where you can download free software (not priated stuff), widgets and all sorts of stuff...but forgot the link..any ideas also?

All feedback is welcome :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It's really hard to say when Apple is going to release any new products...
It has been about 3 months since the last macbook revision... the "typical" time frame in between revisions is 6 months...
The truth is you could spend your whole life waiting for the next release.
The Macbook you are interested in will suit you just fine.. If you have the extra $$$ I would max the RAM at 2 GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would definitely recommend a Macbook. It will do everything you need and more.

I got mine with 1GB of RAM, but to be honest, I really feel as though I should upgrade to 2GB since I run a lot of memory intensive programs and often find myself with just 10-15MB left.

As for the website, you can find widgets and other software right on Apple's website. Another site you might want to check out is www.macupdate.com

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ditto Kash.

only thing i miss is dedicated graphics for games, but a macbook w/ 2Gb of ram is a nice little machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.