• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Technical Test for Mac Genius!?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I applied to be a Mac Genius and am going in tomorrow for the group interview, the email stated I would be taking a technical test! Ahhhhhh! Anyone here ever taken it before? Anyone know something I should study? I would REALLY like to do well tomorrow!

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
just read threads around here and figure out what you would do in the situations, and read what the people actually did and what happened. They are probably going to give you a situation where something is broken and ask you to state the steps in how to diagnose it then fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I'd know all the specs, features, some shortcuts, what each App does, maybe some scenarios (ones you think they will NOT ask), differences between versions, maintenance......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I *thought* that Apple provided training for this? Is this not the case?

No matter what BushyMark, good luck ...and do let us know what they asked for. I bet a LOT of people here might be interested in being certified as Mac Experts!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I *thought* that Apple provided training for this? Is this not the case?
I know people that work at Apple Stores and they do provide training for all positions.
I would assume that the test is simply a method to gague one's current knowledge of Apple software/hardware. That way, it is easier to assess what further training would be neccessary for an individual to attain the status of "Genius" with regards to Apple knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hey everyone!

So I applied to be a Mac Genius and am going in tomorrow for the group interview, the email stated I would be taking a technical test! Ahhhhhh! Anyone here ever taken it before? Anyone know something I should study? I would REALLY like to do well tomorrow!

Thanks so much!

good luck.. let us know what the test was like I would be very interested to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
The interview is probably based more around what kind of person you are. Everyone can be trained, so prior knowledge will probably take back seat to your personality, prior experiance, etc.

...However, I am interested in what it is as well :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well I took the Apple sales training tests and all the stuff tested there was product related.

However, as this is a job interview test, I'd assume they'll be questions re. your attitude to customers.

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend you read through some of the posts on ungenius: a blog with q&a's by a former genius bar employee:
http://ungeni.us/

Good luck & let us know how it goes!

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for all your help guys! interview and test in 2 hours! I will come back and let you know!~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Good Luck BUSHY!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Good luck, man!

M

MacHeadCase

I hope I'm not too late in wishing you good luck, Bushy! And let us know how it went: we're dying to know...

Well ok... I'm dying to know! :D

Reaction score
Whoa...I think this ought to be interesting.

Looking forward to knowing what kind of questions they asked etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Whoa...I think this ought to be interesting.

Looking forward to knowing what kind of questions they asked etc.

Well that's obvious:

Interviewer: Let me ask you - are you really a Genius?
Candidate: Yes.
Interviewer: Great, you've got the job!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you get the job, don't just tell peopel to "run updates" every time they have a problem!

2 times I've been to the genius bar (had to make an appointment) and that's the answer I got.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Apparently one of the guys at the Apple Store I go to never took the test because every time I've asked him a question he doesn't have a clue, or he flunked it but since he is the owners son it doesn't matter what he knows.

He would be better at a job where he could ask, "Ah, sir do you want fries with that"?

M

MacHeadCase

OMG! Looks like the Apple Store kept him locked up inside the store I betcha: he never let us know how it went... :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
But if you are going to be trapped somewhere... the Apple Store is not a bad place to be..

And according to a lot of rumors, each Apple Store has a vault that holds the REALLY good stuff for future releases. :D

M

MacHeadCase

But if you are going to be trapped somewhere... the Apple Store is not a bad place to be..

And according to a lot of rumors, each Apple Store has a vault that holds the REALLY good stuff for future releases. :D

Weeeeelllll. This is good to know! Looks like Bushy is gonna be our very own Apple Insider. :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.