• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Video Conference

Reaction score
I downloaded skype to do some video phone stuff with family but I am having delay and sound issues. Is there a better program for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I downloaded skype to do some video phone stuff with family but I am having delay and sound issues. Is there a better program for this?
I take it your broadband, and on a highspeed network... if not this could be whats causing your delay

Try Ichat :)
comes free on every mac

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes, i'm on broadband, i figured the net is causing the delay but its making some unusual noises. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have tried lots of options for video calling, and frankly, I have found Skype to be the best of the bunch... and it is pretty darn good. If you are having problems, I would suspect that they are the result of the net between you and the other party, not Skype itself. Skype is good, but it can't overcome a jittery, erratic connection. This is not a diss of your ISP; just a statement of reality. Unfortunately, video calling remains quite demanding from and Internet perspective, both in terms of bandwidth needs and in quality of link. Some erratic behavior is to be expected now and then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.