Just ordered 20" iMac....

Reaction score
Well, after much debate and trips to the apple store near me, I finally decided on a 20" iMac. I ordered online from apple to upgrade the ram from 1gb to 2gb and the vram from 128mb to 256mb. Now I'm hoping I made the right decision. I was stuck between the 20 and 24 but could not rationalize the extra money for the 24". Instead, I spent the money on an airport extreme and a wireless HP printer (w/ the $100 rebate). Plus I ordered a white Zvox mini speaker system to match.

This is an upgrade from 1.66 ghz Core Duo mac mini. I went w/ the 2.16 ghz iMac as the extra $250 to go 2.33 didn't make sense. I wanted to wait until Leopard came out, but had to buy it now for other reasons. Now I want Leopard to come out immediatly to see if they're include the upgrade.

Anyway, hopefully the system gets here soon. I noticed the airport extreme is not shipping until the end of Feb...Wish it would all come together.

jim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Congrats aveda6 - I am sure you will enjoy it!!

Reaction score
IMO, the 20" is the "sweet spot" in the iMac lineup (it's the one that my wife and I chose as well). For what a 24" costs, you might as well get a Mac Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have an iMac 20" with the same specs you'll love it

Reaction score
:alien:

Closest I could get to envy...

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be ordering, too. Upgrading from the lowly 1.25 40gb Mac mini I bought a couple of years ago to test the water.

It turns out the water's lovely...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats

i have a 17" iMac 2ghz and love it. hope you enjoy your new toy !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
You won't regret it. I'm loving my 20" iMac intel, even though I bought it a month before the core2duos came out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I love my 20" imac and I'm sure you will too. I'm a bit confused though...my specs say I have AirPort Extreme. Maybe I'm missing something here. Anyway...congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I love my 20" imac and I'm sure you will too. I'm a bit confused though...my specs say I have AirPort Extreme. Maybe I'm missing something here. Anyway...congrats!

I think he means he bought the new Airport Extreme Base Station as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
My specs at left....just like yours except yours will have better processors. Smart choice. Thing's a rock.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes, I did mean I purchased the base station as well. I have a mac mini that I want to set up in my son's room plus I have a wireless printer. With the way my living room is set up it may be more convenient to set up the base station for the internet connection. The computer actually arrived yesterday so we'll see how it goes. Thank you for all the replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
I bought the 24". Debated long and hard over the 20/24" options, but as I needed a decent size screen for the bedroom to watch movies on, then it worked out to be the cheaper option. Funny thing is, I have had it for nearly 5 weeks now, and it looks normal size. At first it seemed like a cinema screen. Went in to a local PC World a week ago and they ahd the 17" on display, and to me it looked like an iPod. Strange, the things you get used to.

Philip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
You won't regret it. I'm loving my 20" iMac intel, even though I bought it a month before the core2duos came out.

That makes two of us, but since it was for my wife and what she uses it for a core2duo would make any difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
:alien:

Closest I could get to envy...

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be ordering, too. Upgrading from the lowly 1.25 40gb Mac mini I bought a couple of years ago to test the water.

It turns out the water's lovely...

Amazing how that seems to work out that way. I got a mini as an experiment. The experiment was successful. I got my wife a mini as a further experiment. That experiment was also successful. Now we have two Macbooks to plunge fully into the Mac world. The mini is now headed over to my parents and soon they will be 'Turned' :black:

In between I lusted over the 20" iMacs at the store. I think you'll be pleased.

Reaction score
I think so. Thanks. My mini's OK for the day to day grind, but it's slow when I want to do any "fun stuff".

That's all the excuse I need, anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 ' aluminum iMac , 2gb Ram 320 gb HDD @ 7200 RPM 2.4 ghz.
I ordered my iMac 20 inch yesterday online also. I upgraded to 2 gig ram and a wireless keyboard and mouse. IM SOOOO excited!!!

Reaction score
Hello, there is an iMac press conference Tuesday, they are likely releasing new or at least updated iMacs.

Reaction score
Yeah, if I was looking to order an iMac I would have waited until next week to see what is being released. I could be a faster processor/graphics and more ram....for the same price as what they have now. Perhaps you should wait and see what is offered next week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.