2nd Generation iphone (rumour?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/apple_hard_at_work_making

Apple Hard At Work Making iPhone Obsolete

CUPERTINO, CA—Only a month after the much-heralded announcement of the iPhone, Apple CEO Steve Jobs confirmed that his engineers were already working around-the-clock on the touchscreen smartphone's far-superior replacement. "We looked at [the iPhone's] innovative user interface, the paradigm-shifting voicemail, the best-in-class mobile browser, and we realized we could make all that seem ridiculously outdated by the time the product becomes available to customers in June," said Jobs, who described the project as "Apple reinventing the iPhone." "When the second-generation iPhone comes out this fall, we want iPhone users to feel not just jealous, but downright foolish for owning such laughably primitive technology." Jobs also hinted that the second iPhone device would not be compatible with existing Mac computers, third-party peripherals, or any future Apple products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yes... that even sounds like a joke.

"When the second-generation iPhone comes out this fall, we want iPhone users to feel not just jealous, but downright foolish for owning such laughably primitive technology." Jobs also hinted that the second iPhone device would not be compatible with existing Mac computers, third-party peripherals, or any future Apple products.

Apple would never do those things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I think the fact that the source is The Onion tells us that it's not exactly the straight skinny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Sounds far fetched... Apple creating a new version of a yet unrelease product? ... and one that will not be compatible with existing Mac computers? Someone is having one on at our expense!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
there should be an unsaid rule that you cant create a rumor about a second generation iphone untill the first generation iphone is freakin out.. yes I know it will never happen but it would be nice.. filter out the junk a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Uh....do you people realize that the Onion is a comedy newspaper? Don't want to sound like a know-it-all or anything but the entire paper is a joke and usually lies, because it parodies current events. Thought more people knew that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Uh....do you people realize that the Onion is a comedy newspaper? Don't want to sound like a know-it-all or anything but the entire paper is a joke and usually lies, because it parodies current events. Thought more people knew that.

It's funny how often people take the Onion as serious. I've seen it happen a few times in internet discussions. The funniest I ever saw was a creation/evolution debate, where a creationist posted an Onion story as proof of his position. :bomb:

Reaction score
Yeah, never trust the Onion. It has many layers, which are all hilarious falsehoods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
One fact is undeniable, the iPhone definitely has built-in planned obsolescnence, so the story isn't completely false. I'm sure there will be a 3G iPhone put out next year, even though the tech is available and in use this year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.