• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MBP Color options?

Reaction score
I did some searching and came up empty handed, so if there is another thread or a good link, please provide.

Does anyone know of any rumors that the MBP will come with color options? Either the white or the black of the MB? Not the biggest fan of the aluminum color of the MBP. Would appreciate any leads or thoughts on the possibility of different MBP cases.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I've never heard rumors about this and would doubt it since they've stuck with aluminum color for so long now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I haven't heard anything like that. There are companies out there that sell them in different colors, but you'll pay premium for it.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Also the track pad and the keyboard are still silver!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, aside from costly custom paint jobs, you could check out the MacBook Pro red case from Speck products. It's not an all-over type of thing, but it's a pretty effective way of making your MBP standout.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Weaksauce... no 17" cases. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I want one.. but I have a 17 inch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I had the 13" speck case and sent it back as the base was warped away from the Macbook, so much that the ports no longer matched up. The red does look good on the MBP's though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
For the MBP? I doubt it. The MBP is considered their professional line (obviously), so they have no reason to add cool colors. The MacBook would be where color options might appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I know its been metioned before... but what about apple making it a custom option to make the apple on the back different colours?

Reaction score
I know its been metioned before... but what about apple making it a custom option to make the apple on the back different colours?

The question is, how much would you pay for that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.