• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express 3 - For Intel?

Reaction score
Has any one tried using Final Cut Express 3 on an Intel Mac?
I see that the specs. do not mention anything about Intel so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it, if it worked and how well it worked.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Not sure which one you mean then, but for 3.5, I actually have it open and am doing some editing right now. Thus far, it seems to be running perfectly, other than my lack of knowledge on how to use it. Although I know when exporting something, it takes a loooooong time, but I'm blaming that on a mere 1.66GHz Dual-core.

Reaction score
Although it might be compatible, do yourself a favor and buy the upgrade. The 3.0 version would be super slow. Hardly worth using.

OP
E
Reaction score
Although it might be compatible, do yourself a favor and buy the upgrade. The 3.0 version would be super slow. Hardly worth using.

So, you are saying 3.0 WILL run on the Intel Macs, even though the documentations states it is only for G4 and G5?

Minimum Hardware Requirements
• A Macintosh computer with a 500 megahertz (MHz) or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor (550 MHz for PowerBook G4, 450 MHz for dual-processor Power Mac G4 or G5) and an AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) graphics card compatible with Quartz Extreme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20", 2.0 GHz BlacBook
Someone else correct me if I am wrong, but 3.0 should run under Rosetta, but it will be slow. Like G4 slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.