More icon help (Sorry!)

Reaction score
I've replaced my Microsoft Office icons but because they werent showing in Candybar I right clicked and copied them and then pasted over the default icons by using the Get Info box...but now I need them back and don't know how!!

Anyone any idea how I do this?!!

M

MacHeadCase

I think (but could be mistaken here) that you can go to the Get Info box, highlight the new icon and select in menubar's Edit the Cut command, or simply Command (or Apple key) + X.

That will at least clear out the new icon.

Reaction score
I think (but could be mistaken here) that you can go to the Get Info box, highlight the new icon and select in menubar's Edit the Cut command, or simply Command (or Apple key) + X.

MCH...can you go to this post and try and see if you can answer my question. It seems to be a mystery!

I want new icons but I want them right now (and don't want to mess something up).
tantrum.gif

^^
grin.gif

OP
L
Reaction score

Brilliant mate! Exactly what I wanted! Many thanks!

M

MacHeadCase

Glad I could help, Liam.

CB, I have never used CandyBar or any of those apps so I really don't know about this. If Stretch comes along, maybe he can help. He's really into theming and icons and stuff and I'm pretty confident he tried or still uses CandyBar...

Maybe you can PM him?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
MCH...can you go to this post and try and see if you can answer my question. It seems to be a mystery!

I want new icons but I want them right now (and don't want to mess something up).
tantrum.gif

^^
grin.gif

I have a folder of such icons on my HD. I could probably zip it and email it to you if you like. It has a whole bunch of default OSX icons in it. I had to use it myself, as I stupidly had Candybar overwrite my default icons with the ones I'd changed them to :p

Candybar does backup your icons, but it's also safer to just have them stored away somewhere you know you can find them ;) I think Candybar stores them all as a single document (.plist or something, maybe - and that's hidden away in system preferences I believe) so you can't really access them individually - at least not in a way I've discovered yet. Anyway, let me know if you want that folder.

Liam, another way is (from the Info window) click the icon and hit delete. That should restore it to its original icon.

Reaction score
Candybar does backup your icons, but it's also safer to just have them stored away somewhere you know you can find them ;) I think Candybar stores them all as a single document (.plist or something, maybe - and that's hidden away in system preferences I believe) so you can't really access them individually - at least not in a way I've discovered yet. Anyway, let me know if you want that folder..
I see some icons here:

Home > Library > Application Support > CandyBar

They all have .icns so I am not sure how you can open them. PS says it is a non supported file type.
confusedg.gif

So I guess this is where CandyBar backed up the icons...I mean I guess.
confusedg.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.